We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first orthodontic visit to our office. When you arrive at our Clermont, Apopka, or Bushnell offices, we will ask you to fill out our new patient forms, or you can print the forms from our website and fill them out beforehand. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential orthodontic treatment options. This important 45-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. The initial evaluation is always FREE of charge. We will also take a complimentary panoramic and cephalometric X-ray to allow for a thorough diagnosis.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- When does orthodontic treatment need to begin?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem? What are my options? Braces, Invisalign®, retainers?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- About how long will treatment take?
- How much will my orthodontic treatment cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we may sometimes address specific areas of concern after careful analysis of the orthodontic diagnostic records. Dr. Wong feels it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
If needed, we will then schedule a second free consultation to discuss treatment options, time frames, and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of, and how long it will take.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
As always, if there happens to be a question you think of after you leave our office, please feel free to call us and it will be our pleasure to assist you!