- May 18, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
To our Modern Ortho Family:
We hope everyone is doing well! We wanted to send you an update on our new office procedures and some additional safeguards we have recently enacted to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. We have always followed the recommendations of OSHA and the CDC for infection control and will continue to do so. However, we want everyone to be prepared for changes to the ‘new norm’ for the safety of our patients and staff.
What you can expect at your visit:
- Our front door will be locked, and a member of our staff will greet you and take your temperature at the door.
- If any person has a temperature over 100.4 F they will be asked to reschedule.
- We are restricting our waiting room to only patients with the exception of patients who are coming in for consultations or starting orthodontic treatment, children under the age of 12 and special needs patients and we ask that this parent uses hand sanitizer when entering the office and also wears a mask at all times while in our office.
- When parents are accompanying children, we ask that only 1 parent, rather than both, attend with your child.
- Our staff will be wearing full personal protective equipment (PPE) throughout the dental experience.
Before your visit:
- If you have a fever, or even mild flu like symptoms, please do not come to the office. Please call us, and we will gladly accommodate you with a new appointment.
- If you have traveled to a high-risk area outside the United States, such as China, South Korea, or the European Union, please call the office to reschedule your appointment until after you have at least 14 days of being symptom free.
Things to Bring With You:
- If you have new insurance information, please call our insurance coordinator Kim at (352) 242-1818 prior to your appointment.
- Your beautiful smile and positive attitude
- Patience ???? We do have new protocols in place that may make us run behind at times while we are adapting to them.
- A mask, for the parent, to wear in case you are needed in the office for any reason.
- Only one parent for children under 12 or with special needs, if accompanying your child in clinical areas, you MUST please bring a mask to cover your mouth and nose and wear it at all times.
- Warm clothes as our office will be kept at a temperature that allows our staff to wear additional PPE
Please respect those who prefer, in these times of heightened sensibilities, to not shake hands, A simple smile or wave will suffice.
We thank you for your time to read our update and remind you to Keep Calm and Wash Your Hands. We will get through this together.
Dr. Alan Wong & the Modern Orthodontics team